Grabski Rehabilitation Center operates three residential homes for populations with difficult physical disabilities: the hostel in Migdal Haemek, a community-style apartment in Migdal Haemek, and a community rehabilitation center in Jerusalem. The organization implements very unique work processes at the different centers based on their extensive experience and professional knowledge in the field of rehabilitative therapy. We assist young and older adults with difficult physical disabilities who have normal cognitive capabilities, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy and stroke victims.
The unique work processes at the organization are based on:
– Using some of the most advanced treatment technology in the world.
– Diverse, extensive activities during leisure time that offer integration with the normative population.
– Employment solutions within the framework of the home and outside of it, integrated with the normative population.
– Focusing on encouragement and development of the independence of the residents, including voting rights, to boost rehabilitation efforts.
– Following a unique approach that adapts the environment to the resident’s needs and desires (human-oriented services).
The organization and management of the hostel believe in the great importance of reinforcing the relationship between the resident, the family and the staff. It constantly works to strengthen this connection and cooperation, while maintaining full transparency and taking into account the needs of the families and their loved ones, the residents themselves.
At the hostel, residents between the ages of 21-55 are welcome. They are referred by the social service authorities, at the residents’ choice and subject to their suitability.
At all of the residential homes, a religious lifestyle is maintained including Kosher l’Mehadrin food, Shabbat observance in the public areas. At the hostel in Migdal Haemek, there is even a synagogue inside the building.